The LatamHaus network is an interdisciplinary network for people interested in low-carbon emission homes, indoor air quality and Passivhaus buildings in Latin America. As such, the network will allow you the opportunity to discuss and engage with different community members.
LatamHaus seeks to understand the challenges, barriers, and scalability issues to adopt the Passivhaus Standard. We explore solutions to address these concerns and contribute positively to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), particularly the SDG 03 (Health and wellbeing) and 09 (Industry, innovation and infrastructure). The network activities will improve capacity building and develop proof-of-concept ideas for sustainable, healthy and affordable housing through the Passivhaus Standard.
The planned online activities for the LatamHaus Network are:
- Engaging with the housing industry professionals to evaluate the Passivhaus residential design impact on indoor air quality and carbon emissions.
- Co-authoring research outputs with professionals in Mexico and Latin America.
- Developing capacity building activities for Passivhaus projects and future research.
- Providing Passivhaus training to professionals, academics and policymakers.
- Provide a platform to develop ideas and discuss future projects.
We welcome participation and representation from all sectors of the society. We recognise that women are underrepresented in the building industry in Latin America. Therefore, we encourage women to become members and engage with activities.